This course is a module based offering for Project Managers and Project Team Members who will be using Microsoft Project Professional and/or Project Web App (PWA) in an enterprise-wide project management environment.
This course provides an understanding of the role project managers and team members have within the system and focuses on how those roles could utilize each of the components. The sections of the course are designed to support the project lifecycle with emphasis on the functionality the platform provides.
- Understanding the Project Server Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management environment.
- How Project Managers and team members can initiate, plan and manage project schedules in this environment.
- How to add existing SharePoint task lists to Project Web App and to change these lists to enterprise projects
- How to work with an enterprise resource pool for capacity planning, work allocation, and resource management across projects
- How to manage and track project task assignments and update project status from a project manager and team member role
- How to work with the collaboration tools provided within the system
- Understanding the role of resources in updating non-project work and in communicating and collaborating status utilizing this system.
- Learn the functionality provided to the project manager and team member roles in each of the stages of project lifecycle management provided by Project Server